Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pantomime Horse




I can't remember whether I took this over my friend's garden fence (in which case the horse's name is Marcus) or whether I took it from my car window on a drive in the country (I pulled over first, I'm not that much of a multi-tasker).
Anyway, I decided to shoot the front end then the back end separately and join them later in pshop, hence "Pantomime Horse".

I got this processed at Jessops, which is the only place to get 120 film processed in Norwich. My favourite lab Reflections had moved to the middle of deepest darkest Norfolk and no longer reachable on foot.
I wish I hadn't; it was pretty cheap, but you can see that there's some really nasty bands at the top of the photo. Not only that, but the negs were pretty dirty and they'd rolled up my films rather than put them in neg bags, so they were curlier than steel springs. It was a total nightmare getting sproingy, curly negs into the neg holder to scan them, when all they wanted to do was jump out again. It would have been easier to get Lil Kim into a pair of sensible trousers.

Incidentally, I think I was influenced by the cover of one of my favourite 12" from my teenage years:






Holga loaded with Reala

No comments: